Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Comment blog 10

The author whom I am commenting on is Mohammad Abotteen. The composer he had chosen to write about was Rossini’s “The Barber of Seville”. I feel that the repetition of the “Figaro” keeps help reinforce the point that the main character is barber for the song. I do agree with Mo that since he is the main character is the only one singing all the lines even though there are other characters in the scene. One thing I noticed from the song was that the tempo of the music increases and decreases as different stanzas start. I feel this is done to gradually increase the tension as the song progresses. Since Mohammad had covered all the things that can be said about the play I can only agree or disagree with his statements. One thing I also noticed that the actors where dressed as poor during the time frame it is set. This shows the audience that the barber is talking to a certain class of people. Agreeing with Mohammad this performance was unique compared to others since there were only two colors that were used: Black and White.

No comments:

Post a Comment