Monday, March 8, 2010

blog 8

Being Indian and having Indian parents who know Indian Classical Music has made his research that much easier since I have been able to contact a professional at anytime I have problems understanding something or want any information. The only difficulty I had analyzing this music culture was the lack of professional in Dallas area. So I had to make meetings with only the few professionals in this region. This cultural music is open to everyone that likes to appreciate the kind of music but never tolerates anyone that makes bad comments for no reason. They take there talents serious, almost at times at par with god. I was successfully able to attend a program that was done by a very young professional artist. She was only the age of 18. I would not classify her as an experienced professional but rather a person who has done all that is needed to be called one. Since one of my cousins herself learns Classical Music here in Plano I was able to get hold of views from a trainee perspective of Indian Classical Music. On average one must spend at least 10 hours a week for just practice other then training times. Indian Classical Music is a immensely massive music culture and will take years to completely research each and every aspect of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment